Types of bequests
After providing for your family and friends, you may consider leaving a bequest to Alzheimer’s Australia WA.
Whether large of small, your bequest will help us fund vital dementia projects, services and research that otherwise will not be possible. There are a variety of ways to make your bequest to Alzheimer’s Australia WA, including:
- Residue (whole). The remainder of your estate after you have allocated any specific bequests.
- Residue (percentage). A percentage of the remainder of your estate.
- A specific dollar amount.
- Proceeds from the sale of a certain assets such as shares, securities or life insurance.
- Contingent bequest, should a love one predecease you.
- A living bequest. Gifting your bequest now rather than update a will.
Can my Will be changed?
Even if you already have a will you can still leave a gift to Alzheimer’s Australia WA.
IF your changes or additions are minor, a simple addition (codicil) to your existing will may be suitable.
Your legal advisor can assist you.
Make or update your Will
To make a bequest to Alzheimer’s Australia WA we suggest the following wording:
“I bequeath to Alzheimer’s Australia WA Ltd, of 9 Bedbrook Place, SHENTON PARK WA 6008, for its general purposes (insert the sum of $... . /or portion of estate/ or description of property). I declare that the receipt of the treasurer of other proper officer shall be sufficient discharge for my executors and/or trustees.”
For more information download our bequest brochure or call our bequest team on 9388 2800.