This group program is specifically designed for people living with early stage dementia and their support person.
The program is delivered over a five week period with one two hour session per week or as a two day workshop. The program is free and is delivered across various metropolitan and regional locations.
During the program, participants have an opportunity to:
- Obtain information and have questions answered
- Meet with others who are in a similar situation
- Share experiences and express feelings in a safe environment
- Focus on maintaining and enhancing skills and abilities
- Explore ways of managing now and into the future.
- The person has a diagnosis of dementia or is in the process of obtaining a diagnosis
- The person is aware of the changes they are experiencing and wishes to attend a group.
At the completion of the program/workshop, participants have the opportunity to join an ongoing monthly support group.
Services are offered as fully funded by government and free.
2017 Program Dates:
- Younger Onset Dementia - 1 February 2017
- Gosnells - 7 February 2017
- Rockingham - 13 March 2017
- Wanneroo from - 16 March 2017
To find out more, talk to our customer service team on (08) 9388 2800 or email@example.com.