We provide specialist services for the specific needs of people living with dementia and their carers.
Younger Onset Dementia Key Worker Programme
Our Younger Onset Dementia Key Worker Programme provides individualised services and support for people living with younger onset dementia (under 65) and their carers.
The programme also provides specialised education and training to organisations to help raise awareness about younger onset dementia (YOD) and assist providers to create YOD-inclusive services and supports.
Key Workers act as a primary point of contact for individuals and carers living with YOD. Recognising that everyone is unique, Key Workers utilise a person-centred approach to provide a range of specialist services.
Living with Memory Loss Program
This group program is specifically designed for people living with early stage dementia and their support person.
The program is delivered over a five week period with one two hour session per week or as a two day workshop. The program is free and is delivered across various metropolitan and regional locations.
During the program, participants have an opportunity to:
- Obtain information and have questions answered
- Meet with others who are in a similar situation
- Share experiences and express feelings in a safe environment
- Focus on maintaining and enhancing skills and abilities
- Explore ways of managing now and into the future.
- The person has a diagnosis of dementia or is in the process of obtaining a diagnosis
- The person is aware of the changes they are experiencing and wishes to attend a group.
At the completion of the program/workshop, participants have the opportunity to join an ongoing monthly support group.
Services are offered as fully funded by government and free.
How we can provide quality and tailored services to you
We will work closely with you to understand your situation and provide the quality support that you need.
This can be provided through a home care package, disability package or individually funded.
If you have reached your limit or are not eligible for government funded services, or wish to pay for additional support tailored to your needs, we have a range of services to assist you.
You do not need a referral and there is no waiting list.
We offer coordinated and quality services, tailored to meet your specific care needs. These services are ideal for:
- Busy families in need extra support for a parent or loved one living with dementia.
- People who may not be eligible for government funded services or who wish to ‘top up’ the services they are already receiving.
- People who require one- off service or support on an ongoing basis.
- People who need extra support to enable then to remain at home for longer.
To find out more, talk to our Customer Service team on 9388 2800