This workshop explores the application of 10 evidence-based principles of enabling dementia design across a variety of environments such as hospitals, day clubs and residential aged care facilities.
This workshop is full of practical advice and tips, with topic areas including:
- Architectural design, signage and choosing furniture
- Use of colour and lighting
- Creating meaningful engagement opportunities
- Creating therapeutic garden space.
The workshop will also provide information on use of design audit tools and an opportunity to visit a dementia specialist day club to view the principles in practice.
Location: Alzheimer’s Australia WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park – 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- If you work for a HACC Community Care Service - $85
- If you work in aged, disability or health care e.g hospital, residential care, client directed care package or disability community care - $120