This workshop explores the unique experiences of people (under 65) diagnosed with dementia, how to support them in a person centred model and the skills needed for effective intervention.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a greater understanding of dementia as a condition
- Examine the impacts of dementia on a younger person
- Identify the unique needs of younger people with dementia
- Explore ways to adapt care and service provision to meet the needs of a younger person.
Location: Alzheimer's Australia WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park 1.00pm to 3.00pm.
- If you work for a HACC Community Care Service - $85
- If you work in aged, disability or health care e.g. hospital, residential care, client directed care package or disability community care - $120