This workshop explores the unique experiences of younger people (under 65) diagnosed with dementia, how to support them in a person centred model and the skills needed for effective interventions.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Dementia as a condition
- The impact of dementia on a younger person
- The unique needs of younger people with dementia
- Ways to adapt their care and service provision to these needs
Alzheimer's Australia WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park 1.00pm to 3.00pm.
- If you work for a HACC Community Care Service - $85
- If you work in aged, disability or health care e.g. hospital, residential care, client directed care package or disability community care - $120