Art can provide an alternative language for communication – through images, symbols and colours. This experiential workshop is for anyone in aged, health or community care services and is involved in planning and facilitating activities for people with dementia.
Participants will work with a wide variety of art materials, both 2D and 3D, and gain confidence in offering a creative expression program for people with dementia.
Participants will receive additional printed information and will gain an understanding of:
- How to set up and organise a therapeutic art group whilst addressing physical and psychological safety
- How to choose suitable, good quality art materials and stay within a budget
- How to identify appropriate themes and activities
- The value of dementia specific guided art tours.
Time: 9.30am - 4.00pm
- If you work for a HACC Community Care Service - $148
- If you work in aged, disability or health care e.g. hospital, residential care, client directed care package or disability community care - $199
Click on one of the dates above to register for this workshop (note: you will be redirected to another website) or call 08 9388 2800 during business hours.
For more information, please contact Art Therapist Jackie Lewis on 08 9388 2800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org