3 Hour Enabling EDIE Interactive Workshop
Develop a greater understanding of dementia from the perspective of a person with dementia and their carer through our new Educational Dementia Immersive Experience, EDIE.
This serious games technology uses VR Gear (Virtual reality goggles) to allow users to explore a moment in time as Edie, who has a diagnosis of dementia. You will face the difficulties experienced by Edie as he undertakes simple activities of daily living and develop a support plan using a reablement approach for Edie and his wife to live more confidently with dementia.
In this 3 hour workshop you will develop a greater understanding of:
- dementia across various stages
- a consumer perspective of dementia
- dementia support considerations including individual and diverse needs
- how to identify support needs in partnership with the client and their carer
- how to develop a dementia support plan that focuses on enabling a person to live more confidently with dementia
This 3 hour workshop is suitable for staff working with people living with dementia and their carers
To book your staff virtual learning experience: call 08 9388 2800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EDIE Smartphone App
Download a free EDIE App and experience a preview of EDIE’s world on your smartphone using Google Cardboard viewer, which can be purchased from our online store here (link is external). Use the buttons below to download the EDIE App for your Apple iPhone or Android Phone.
Please Note: the EDIE application requires Android version 4.4 or higher or Apple iOS 9.0 or higher.